We put a twist on picture books and stories using music, drama, props, movement (yoga and dance) and the brilliant ideas of the students.
Age appropriate programs for schools, kinders and child cares
* Inspires confidence and creativity
* Incursions or Term programs with weekly classes available
* Facilitators- are Primary Trained or Performing Artists
*Flexible content for interest lead curriculum
* Great for author studies
* Promotes Literacy comprehension, knowledge and understanding
* Professional Development for teachers and educators
* Follow up arts based activities
Picture book possibilities for your school or kindergarten…
1.The Magical World of Mem- (early years- grade 1) Mem Fox’s beloved character Grandma Pose finds herself an empty nester. Little Hush is all grown up and has gone to Uni. Bored of the Bush, she goes on an adventure where she meets some of Mem’s other favourite characters. I wonder what kind of trouble Grandma Pose’s magic will cause this time?
2. Alli Lester’s Magic bus…Outback or Bust (grade 1-2)
Get on the Alli Lester Magic Bus to travel to far of places. Imagine the places you will go on this musical magical adventure into some of Alison Lestor’s favourite Stories. Are we there Yet? The question will be… where is there? And who invited the pony?
3. Awesome Aaron’s Character Explosion (grade 1- 2 )Some of Aaron Blabey’s characters are taking over the school. What happens when the bad Guys meet some of Aarons sweeter less troubled or troublesome characters?
4.Stephen Micheal King Mash up (early years- grade 1)What happens when Milly Jack and the Dancing cat meet the Man who loves boxes?(follow the link to find more beautiful books about boxex) It’s all wonderful until a cheeky little girl who loves to bounce comes into the picture. Luckily throwing a snail and a turtle into the mix may slow her down. This is what might transpire when some of my favourite Stephen Michel King stories merge and become one. But we will just have to see.
5.Wombat Stew Chapter Two (early years- 2)A Wombat Stew Yoga adventure. Followed by the follow up story that has never come to print. ‘Who’s cooking now?’
Most of the props constructed for these workshop are made with recycled materials.
Please share with me any books that you would love to see come to life, below or on facebook.