Image above titled: Mr. Snake Meets Sunday Chutney
We put a twist on picture books and stories using music, drama, props, movement (yoga and dance) and the brilliant ideas of the students.
Age appropriate programs for schools, kinders and child cares
* Inspires confidence and creativity
* Incursions or Term programs with weekly classes available
* Facilitators- are Primary Trained or Performing Artists
*Flexible content for interest lead curriculum
* Great for author studies
* Promotes Literacy comprehension, knowledge and understanding
* Follow up activities
Follow the link below to discover new ways to explore books with the children in your care.
Past Articles featured in Magazines about Books ALIVE…
Picture book possibilities for your school, kinder or childcare…
Over the last couple of years we have put a twist on so many stories. Some of my favourites have been:
- A character mash up of Aaron Blabey stories
- The Very Bear Series by Nick Blande
- Ursula Dubosarsky’s The Terrible Plop
- Jessica’s Box by Peter Carnavas
- Rodney Loses it! by Michael Gerard Bauer
- Pamela Allen’s I wish I had a Pirate Suit
- Mr. Huff Meets Peggy- Anna Walker’s characters collide
Here are some more fabulously fun session possibilities…
1.The Magical World of Mem- (early years- grade 1) Mem Fox’s beloved character Grandma Pose finds herself an empty nester. Little Hush is all grown up and has gone to Uni. Bored of the Bush, she goes on an adventure where she meets some of Mem’s other favourite characters. I wonder what kind of trouble Grandma Pose’s magic will cause this time?
2. Alli Lester’s Magic bus…Outback or Bust (grade 1-2)
Get on the Alli Lester Magic Bus to travel to far of places. Imagine the places you will go on this musical magical adventure into some of Alison Lestor’s favourite Stories. Are we there Yet? The question will be… where is there? And who invited the pony?
3. Awesome Aaron’s Character Explosion (grade 1- 2 )Some of Aaron Blabey’s characters are taking over the school. What happens when the bad Guys meet some of Aarons sweeter less troubled or troublesome characters?
4.Stephen Micheal King Mash up (early years- grade 1)What happens when Milly Jack and the Dancing cat meet the Man who loves boxes?(follow the link to find more beautiful books about boxex) It’s all wonderful until a cheeky little girl who loves to bounce comes into the picture. Luckily throwing a snail and a turtle into the mix may slow her down. This is what might transpire when some of my favourite Stephen Michel King stories merge and become one. But we will just have to see.
5.Wombat Stew Chapter Two (early years- 2)A Wombat Stew Part Two-The follow up story that has never come to print. ‘Look Who’s Cooking Now?’
Most of the props constructed for these workshop are made with recycled materials.
Please share with me any books that you would love to see come to life, below or on facebook.
Great Fun and so good to see the kids warm up so quickly!
Very inclusive of my ASD son… was able to engage him in activities and listening.
This was a thoroughly enjoyable experience!
Cathy was GREAT! Very enjoyable from a retired retired English Drama Music and special Ed teacher.
Book your class into a Books ALIVE adventure TODAY!
One thought on “Books Alive: Bringing Picture Books And Stories To Life”